Tuesday, November 20, 2012

20.11.2012 - wandering in shibuya.

Perhaps you've noticed but I'm trying to blog everyday for a week (at least!). I felt like I was falling down on the blog front, or just blogging about depressing things (you know, like depression) so it seemed time to reboot a little and post happy things daily. Since my life is good.
Incidentally, I'm feeling much much better. I had a bit of an epiphany about Japan/my life here and it was good. yay!

manic grin + celebratory wild eyes


Anyway!
This morning I worked, skyped with my family (I get to see them so soon!), showered, and made myself breakfast.

Went and met with Keiko and then from there went to Shibuya because I decided I wanted to walk from there to Takeshita Street (in Harajuku) via Cat Street. Sort of worked out?
I found an awesome Comme des Garçons shirt for the equivalent of $7, went to an official Tin Tin shop, and just generally enjoyed a 4 hour wander. And while I did end up on Takeshita Street, it was not just at the end of Cat Street like I thought it would be. Possibly I got off too soon? I'm not sure.

I'm also not sure how many of these photos are great since it was dark and I didn't really have a good lens for the dark, but I did my best just so I could blog for y'all!

ooooooh, ice tea.



WC, one of the most fashion forward shops in the world.
apparently.


nightmare rabbits

the person behind them



koala is mad at your cultural appropriation!




---

Now I'm enjoying some takeout food and the newest episode of Misfits.
 (not so sure about this season so far. But I love Rudy deeply so I'm sure it'll be ok in the end.)

---

I hope you all have a good day and a pleasant tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment