Sunday, October 14, 2012

14.10.2012 - night walk in kagurazaka + the rest of my weekend

Saturday

was working from 7.45 - 1.30.
I went to the Farmer's Market and managed to make myself eat a salad & bagel.
I think perhaps I've just had a little bug for the past few days, I've felt fine mostly, but a little gross and I lost my appetite, so.

Came back, showered, drank some vitamin C anti-cold stuff, also drank some tea, and watched a movie.

I also bought a tripod last night! Very excited, tried to use it for a few minutes this morning but didn't get anything especially good, didn't really have time to get properly into it.

Tonight I'm going to a Night Photography Meetup, so yet another chance to meet some other foreigners! I very rarely go out on photo walks, I also rarely take photos with other people, so it ought to be an experience regardless.

Right now I'm going to take a nap for an hour or so, I'm so tired lately, I definitely need to go to bed earlier. Or maybe I'm sleeping too much since I'm going to be at like 9.30? Hm.

---

Photo walk was was pretty disappointing.
Like 70 people instead of the expected 20 showed up, mostly in pairs or small groups, so everyone just sort of broke up and walked around and no one really talked to me. I mean loads of people introduced themselves/I introduced myself to them but then that was the end of it.
So I walked around for about 45 minutes and then just left because I can walk around alone anywhere.
I am pleased enough with some of these, but yeah, I'd have liked to walk around with someone and get to know them a little.




I don't have to leave for work until 10 tomorrow, so I get a bit of a sleep in which is awesome! I'm excited, little things make me so happy haha.

--------------------

Sunday

Sleeping in felt awesome, seriously. So restful, as sleeping in is wont to be.




Took a few self portraits and while I don't think any of them are the best work I've ever done, it feels really good to do something I like well enough. First time using my new tripod too, it's pretty good except it doesn't go up at high as my one in Canada, which is a shame. But for the amount that I paid I am fine with it, ha.







Went to work for a while, pretty good.

After I went and met Meredith! She's a friend of my uncle's and I'm sure I'd met her when I was little, but haven't seen her in at least 10 years. If ever?
Anyway, we went for lunch at Eat More Greens and it was delightfully lovely, she's really nice and it was just awesome to just chat with someone for a few hours.

Only got these photos, one for my camera and one where we're looking at hers.
Such photographers, jeez.





Now I'm listening to ABBA and waiting for my father to skype me.


--------------------

have a good day and a pleasant tomorrow, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment