Saturday, October 6, 2012

06.10.2012 - seeing Mishka!

Friday

Went to Japanese class, exhausting as always.
It's the most goddamn complicated language, it kills me.

Went to work, snapped these while waiting for my train at Shibuya Station.




Rushed right from work to go see my cousin Mishka play a concert in Yokohama.
Bit of a stressful commute to me, I was horribly rushed. And only like, 60% knew where I was going.
But it was absolutely delightful to see him!
The venue was cool, I got there early enough to get to chat with him/the tour manager (I think?) and a few other people on the roof before he played.


roof, whaaaat.


set list.


Mid way through the show I got chips with the best salsa I have ever eaten in my entire life, I am considering going all the way back to the place to see if they'll give me the recipe.




It was lovely to see Mish, everyone was really nice, all in all it was a great way to spend a Friday night.

I didn't get home until about quarter to 1 though, since where he was playing is about an hour and a half away from where I live.
I had to ride the Yamanote Line right before it stopped though, which was horrible.
So many people, I can't even begin to describe the evil.

We were meant to see each other again today, so I didn't actually get a photo of the two of us, but here are a bunch from the night.

the venue, way out in Yokohama.



just hanging out behind the bar, because I could.




yeah drinks


messing about with my camera got me these, I'm quiet pleased.


ricky and someone who's name I've forgotten doing a few Bob Marley covers with Mishka.

I have a video of him singing 'Give You All The Love" which is currently being uploaded to Youtube, I'll link to it in my next blog post.

---

Saturday

Only got a few hours sleep, was commuting/working from 7.30 until 1.30, then Mishka and I realised we weren't going to be able to meet up, I went to the Farmer's Market and got some vegan bagels & a really delicious curry with naan.
Walked around a bit, went to Ragtag which is a high end second hand store.
Heaps of Vivienne Westwood & Comme des Garçons for crazy cheap, I didn't find anything perfect today, but I will definitely be checking regularly!

Came back, napped for a bit, went to the dojo only to realise I'd gotten the time wrong (I got there for 6) and there was class from 5.30 to 6.30 and then from 7-8, so I just couldn't deal with waiting for an hour doing nothing so I just left.
It seems like such daft mistake, but I never go to the earlier class, I'm a 1 class in the evening kind of girl, mostly!
Yuck.

Stopped at two different grocery stores on the way back, made myself a really nice pasta dinner, and now I'm watching a Saturday Night Live, eating oreos (vegan comfort cookies, fo rizzle), and  waiting for mum to be ready to Skype me.


I got a letter from Magnus today, one of the things he sent me was this awesome handdrawn/made sticker for my hombu card. Because at the end of class they lay them all out, it's advised to put stickers or tape or a charm on yours so you can pick it out of sometimes as many as 80+ cards.
I'd been holding out for this, it's even got cats on it!





---

Skyped with my family, all such lovely people.
Magnus was making waffles with cinnamon and whipped cream, which made me sad.
I want that! But with coconut whipped cream.

I even got to speak to Jason briefly, I miss my dojo & it's members. Such lovely people.

I have tomorrow off and I'm planning on doing absolutely nothing, in the best way! Just relax and enjoy some quiet time.

-------------------

Have a good day and a pleasant tomorrow, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment