Thursday, January 13, 2011

flooding and winter.

hopefully the flooding won't be effecting me too much. While I am flying into Brisbane, the airport and hostel where I'm staying are open and running as far as I've been told. I hope everyone there's ok, I really do.

now, on a completely different note, we had our first proper snowstorm of the year yesterday! It was blizzard-eque from around half 12 until 7ish. I think in the end we got around 6 inched of snow, but it seems like more to someone like me, who hates snow. But I admit, it is really beautiful.
But more than anything, it's making me look forward to the teperature in Australia. Yes, I know I will be over it after I've been there for more than 20 minutes but right now it sounds so delightful.
It's mental that I'm leaving on Tuesday and will be arriving in Brisbane in exactly one week.

Here are a few photos I took today, it was sunny all morning so a lot of the snow had already fallen off the trees which was a bummer since that's what looked so nice.















 Other than walking about in the snow not a whole lot has happened in the past few days. I've been a bit flu-y for a past couple of days, so I've mostly been faffing about and nothing doing much of anything.
After another nice early night tonight I will hopefully feel proper again!

No comments:

Post a Comment