Friday, January 28, 2011

day 8!

Had to wake up at seven. Bummer.

we did some free diving stuff and some more practicing neutral balancing.
Not too shabby.

John Greenwood came and talked to us and answered questions and stuff. Pretty awesome.

We went out for lunch at some Asian-y place. I think I may have eaten chicken. I thought it was tofu but when I ate it I wasn't so sure. Oh well, not much I can do now.

Then we watched another movie thing and took a 50 question test.
Some of the questions were easy enough, things like "What does CECA stand for?" but then there were tough ones like "someone dove at 26 meters for 33 minutes, then came up for 47 minutes and dove again at 18 meters for 45 minutes. What pressure group where they in at the end of the second dive?"
Not going to lie, I mostly guessed those.
But I only got 8 wrong, out of the 13 I could get wrong to still pass.

I then went and bought a $100 mask. It hurt, but it's so important to be able to see properly. So I'm glad I did, even if it sucked.

I also tried to withdraw money for the first time and other than a $2 fee it was fine. Thankfully.

I have to wake up at 5 tomorrow morning for a 6.30 departure to the reef. Which apparently is going to take us a little over 3 hours.

I'm not even taking my laptop, because it's just not worth it.
So I'll be journalling every night (or more, if I can) and taking tons of photos so I'll post a super long 3 day post on the 1st of February. Yay!

When I came back I met my newest roomate, Sam, from Milan. He seems really nice but we're both leaving tomorrow. Bleh. There's also a girl, but I haven't met het yet.

I was thinking about going out to dinner, but I'm feeling like I might not be bothered too.
I think I'll just make some more pasta and see if I can make it within the hour.


I'm also thinking about booking some more nights when I get back. I may as well hang around and maybe meet some people.
I'm going to wait until I get back and then see how I feel.
But yeah, it's not like anyone's waiting for me anywhere.


Chris, Sam and I were suppose to go out to dinner, but then Sam changed his mind. So Chris and I went out to some vietnamese place, which had not a single vegetarian option. So I ordered some chicken curry and just ate the rice.
Today is apparently a non-vegetarian day. I feel like the boat might be like that too, depending on what's on offer.

Cam back and skyped with my family a bit, they're still wonderful.

Unfortunately I have to wake up at 5 AM tomorrow to leave the dock at 6.20.
I am so so so so so excited for this mini-trip. I'm a but nervous, but in a good way you know? I've always wanted to dive. I'm really enjoying Au too… I feel like quite a bit of complaining goes on here and I just wanted to say that I'm having a truly amazing time and I lovelovelove it. I love (most of) the people I've met and the awesome things I've done.

Just so everyone understands: I will not be updating this until the 1st of February.

Talk to y'all in 3 days!

EDIT: Chris just told me that Murray is about to beat Federer in the men's semi-finals. SO ANGRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment